Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: greenhouse gas
Wade Najjum, the assistant inspector general for program evaluation at EPA, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the recent EPA IG report and what's next.
On October 5, 2009, President Obama issued Executive Order (EO) 13514- Federal Leadership in Environment, Energy, and Economic Performance- aimed at making ambitious and broad improvements in the overall sustainability of the federal government. The order requires all federal agencies to inventory their greenhouse gas emissions, set emissions reduction targets, and develop strategies and action plans for meeting a wide range of sustainability goals encompassing water and energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
The EO puts the federal agencies in the position of being trail blazers. This ambitious goal presents great opportunities for green transformation and its own set of unique challenges. Noblis is pleased to announce a panel discussion on "Leading the Way: Federal Green Initiatives," where key public sector stakeholders will discuss the strategies they are pursuing, the challenges they are facing and expect to encounter, and steps they are taking to ensure the success of their sustainability initiatives.
Tags: technology , Noblis , Nolbis Insights Panel , green , Barack Obama , Stephen R. Leeds , GSA , Mary Catherine Pleffner , DoC , DOI , Dr. Thomas Armstrong , Dr. David L. Evans , Marguerite Coffey , Beverly Kirk , Bevkirk International , Michelle Moore
Could you afford to pay out as much as $27,000 in premiums and medical costs next year? If you don't want to you don't have to, provided you read Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column today and follow through.
The Postal Service has completed an inventory of its greenhouse gas emissions, making it the first and only federal agency to measure and publicly report its carbon footprint. Federal News Radio listeners are the first to hear the results of the report.