Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: green purchasing
Eight departments earn gold award for buying green electronics at least 95 percent of the time. Agencies also relying on renewable energy to provide electricity and power vehicles at a higher rate.
Tags: technology , contracting , Sarah O'Brien , EPA , Office of the Federal Environmental Executive , Air Force , Energy , Federal Acquisition Regulations Council , Green Electronics Council , IEEE , EPEAT , Fleet , Green power , Federal Electronics Challenge
Agencies have until Jan. 15 to submit 2009 information on how they are meeting environmental goals.
The Energy bureau has a goal to cut the carbon footprint by almost a third. GSA is helping agencies meet governmentwide green goals by providing measuring tools, training and acquisition assistance.
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.