Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: green government
Agencies have an April 20 deadline to join a renewable energy certificate (REC) solicitation that can help them save money on reaching green goals.
Agencies will have to take new steps to ensure electronics, such as computers and copiers, are reused or recycled and do not end up in landfills, according to a governmentwide bulletin the General Services Administration issued Thursday.
Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of defense for operational energy plans and programs, says saving energy takes risks out of the battlefield.
Gary McNeil, a co-manager of EPA's Combined Heat and Power Program, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss an award for energy savings earned by two military bases.
Fort Bliss announced the contract award after President Obama called on agencies to save $2 billion using the tool.
One objective of the program is to reach new contractors, primarily small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Tom Simmons, an expert on federal telework initiatives and vice president for Federal Systems at Citrix Systems, says that while the Telework Enhancement Act made greater mobility a mandate, a cultural shift in the workforce may be a driving factor behind an increase teleworking.
President Barack Obama hit on some issues important to federal employees during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, including his push for a reorganization of some federal agencies. But, he also called for the creation of two new "units" to help fight counterfeit goods and financial fraud.
Jennifer Hazelman, who manages GSA's Carbon Footprint Tool, explains how a simple commuter survey can help agencies find ways ways to reduce greenhouse gases at their work site or facility.
The Navy has signed a deal to start funneling green energy to its largest base. Instead of costing money, the project will save money, Navy and industry officials say.