Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: green government
Nancy Gillis, the director of the Supply Chain Emissions program management office at the General Services Administration, tells Federal News Radio how it's working with contractors to increase their energy efficiency.
The two agencies plan to implement healthier foods and sustainable options at all concessions in their buildings.
GSA is focused on reducing waste as much as possible, while still allowing government to be effective. Sustainability was a focus of this year's IRMCO event.
Green government and sustainability have taken center stage in government. Nick Milne-Home and Jerry Rutkowski of 1E discuss how your agency can save energy through software and services that improve IT efficiency.
February 22, 2011
The Postal Service's sustainability measures are cutting energy usage across the board, and resulting in lower costs.
DoD's Paul Yaroschak explains efforts at the agency to make products more green.
A pair of memos requires facilities worldwide to improve how they construct buildings to be more green and to use different light bulbs. The goal is to conserve energy, be environmentally responsible, and save taxpayer dollars.
Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) committed to helping the nation reach its clean energy future. BLM's Ray Brady tells us how that could happen.
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.
GSA is now requiring all projects achieve LEED Gold certification.