Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: green government
DoD is one of the largest energy consumers in the world but is a leader in developing and using alternative fuel sources.
This might not be the best weekend for it weather-wise, but the Energy Department's solar decathlon is running on the Mall this weekend.
Tags: management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , Energy Star , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Martha Johnson , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
The Defense and Energy departments are starting two new joint research and demonstration projects intended to help DoD become less reliant on petroleum.
Lance Davis, program manager of the Design Excellence Architecture program in the Public Buildings Service at the General Services Administration, tells Federal News Radio about new ways GSA is looking at office space.
American University Director of Sustainability Chris O'Brien analyzes the Federal News Radio "Greening the Government" survey.
A new of 201 government leaders asked participants to rate the importance of energy efficiency within their agencies, rate the agencies' ability to comply with federal energy efficiency requirements, identify obstacles to that compliance and identify attitudes towards energy efficiency within the agency. Schneider Electric's Jim Plourde has details.
The Department of Education is taking a taking a leadership role in the work of educating the next generation of green citizens
Green is good, but a building also has to serve the people inside. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains.
CDW-G's Andy Lausch discusses the findings of a report on green government initiative metrics for IT.