Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: geospatial data
Kevin Gallagher, the associate director for core science systems at USGS, said the agency is developing a new data management strategy that will help it meet the White House requirement to make federally-funded research data more easily accessible.
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with big data.
February 14, 2012
Tags: technology , Open source software , big data , Cloudera , Mike Olson , Yahoo , Google , Facebook , Hbase , Hive , Sqoop , Flume , Oozie , cloud computing , cybersecurity , emergency response , bioinformatics , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra wants agencies to take a portfolio approach so geospatial data is better coordinated governmentwide. The administration releases a supplement to Circular A-16 making geospatial data a capital asset.
The Library of Congress and Columbia University are creating a web-based clearinghouse of information about best practices for preserving significant geospatial data. Project manager William LeFurgy gives us a peek.