Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: geospatial data
Kevin Gallagher, the associate director for core science systems at USGS, said the agency is developing a new data management strategy that will help it meet the White House requirement to make federally-funded research data more easily accessible.
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with big data.
February 14, 2012
Tags: technology , Open source software , big data , Cloudera , Mike Olson , Yahoo , Google , Facebook , Hbase , Hive , Sqoop , Flume , Oozie , cloud computing , cybersecurity , emergency response , bioinformatics , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra wants agencies to take a portfolio approach so geospatial data is better coordinated governmentwide. The administration releases a supplement to Circular A-16 making geospatial data a capital asset.
The Library of Congress and Columbia University are creating a web-based clearinghouse of information about best practices for preserving significant geospatial data. Project manager William LeFurgy gives us a peek.