Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: furloughs
The Pentagon says no decisions have been made, but eliminating 2013 furloughs is at the top of the funding priority list if it can find any excess funds.
Here's a horrible thought to start off your week, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. You've had your pay frozen and maybe you have been furloughed with more mandatory time-outs to come. But what if these are the good old days right now? That it can't get any better than this...
Frances Smith, a civilian Defense Department employee, is having problems making ends meet after furloughs trimmed her paycheck. "I'm wondering now, next week, how I'm going to even pay for my groceries," she told Federal News Radio.
A record number of employees are turning to FEEA to help them meet basic living expenses after receiving short paychecks due to furloughs.
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund is receiving more requests for loans than ever before as weekly furloughs hit the Defense Department. Director Steve Bauer said the non-profit organization is doing everything it can to keep up.
July 24 & 30, 2013
With fewer new federal contracts on the horizon, vendors are trimming staff, changing direction and hedging their bets as sequestration plays out, according to the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey. Contractors are also blaming sequestration for low morale in their offices.
Tags: sequestration , Private Side of Sequestration , Evan Lesser , Stephen Fuller , Ward Carroll , Cameron Leuthy , Bob Lohfeld , Mary Beth Romani , Chris Romani , workforce , hiring , Budget Control Act , budget , Michael OConnell , management
After two weeks of deliberation and analysis of agency resources, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has decided to cancel its second phase of furloughs.
DoD officials briefed House Armed Services members about 2013 furloughs and are figuring out whether they can reduce the number of days employees have to take without pay.