Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: furloughs
Tammy Flanagan, Karen Schaeffer, and Bob Leins discuss what furloughed federal workers should be doing to protect their financial assets.
October 14, 2013
Evan Lesser, founder and director of Clearance Jobs.com, will discuss the impact of the government shutdown on contractors and employees with security clearances.
October 11, 2013
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss how the debt limit and furloughs are affecting the economy, and how a case being reviewed by the Supreme Court, could impact future elections.
October 10, 2013
Tags: acquisition , Treasury Department , debt ceiling , debt limit , government shutdown , Supreme Court , Federal Election Commission , PACS , Allen Scott , Nela Richardson , Peter Brusoe , Capital Impact , Bloomberg Government
Think you've seen the worst effects of the government shutdown? Think again, says former DHS CHCO Jeff Neal. As time goes by, more people will be impacted.
The Defense Department says it's decided it has the legal authority to bring most of its civilian workforce back from furlough even as a government shutdown persists. But the Pentagon warned that unless the shutdown ends soon, many of those employees will have nothing to do.
The Defense Department is ordering most of its approximately 400,000 furloughed civilian employees back to work.