Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: furlough
With Congress about to consider a federal pay freeze, furloughs and maybe even RIFs, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has produced the icing on the cake. He found a federal worker who admits he slept on the job during last winter's 31-inch snowstorm that all but shut DC down.
President Obama said Friday that agencies might leave some vacancies as the administration figures out how to save money, The Washington Post reports.
If Congress decides to give you a 10 day furlough, would you want it one-day at a time or in all at once? We asked feds about furlough options and Senior Correspondent Mike Causey finds they have some very interesting, creative, thoughts on the subject.
Groups representing federal workers, managers and executives are calling in a lot of IOUs. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says they're trying to keep Congress from freezing federal pay and furloughing workers.
The Social Security Administration organizes and funds state disability programs, yet states have begun furloughs of these employees. SSA Commissioner Michael Astrue discusses what is behind this trend and why his agency is proposing a law to stop it.
Employees who make more than $100,000 or more would be furloughed for eight days, while those with salaries between $50,000 and $100,000 would be furloughed for five days. Employees with salaries of less than $50,000 would be furloughed three 3 days.
Two thousand federal transportation workers have the day off without pay. And the Obama administration says they should blame Kentucky Sen. Jim Bunning. Bunning blocked passage of legislation last week that would have extended federal highway and transit programs that expired at midnight.
The furlough could affect everything from access to your library, to whether anyone answers the phone at the supervisor's office.