Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: furlough
Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, and Federal Times reporter Stephen Losey will discuss sequestration and other issues affecting federal workers.
February 13, 2013
John Wagner of CBP talks about his agency's new customer service kiosk. Allyson Robinson of OutServe-SLDN discusses legal hurdles facing gay service members seeking equal treatment. Gary Barlet of USPS' Inspector General Office talks about smartphones and tablets. Greg Juneman of IFPTE discusses the impact of potential furloughs on members of his union. Former NASA CIO Molly O'Neill discusses Fed-RAMP security testing.
Tags: John Wagner , CBP , DoD , DoD Report , Allyson Robinson , OutServe-SLDN , gay rights , Gary Barlet , USPSOIG , Greg Junemann , IFPTE , Fed-RAMP , CGI Federal , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
The National Weather Service says it must furlough as many as 5,000 employees for 13 days by Sept. 30, unless Congress allows the agency to move around funds within its budget.
Frequently asked questions about a potential government shutdown as Congress nears its Dec. 16 deadline to reach a budget deal.
Are federal workers going to need a new kind of survival kit to replace the one's that were issued after the 9/11 attacks. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a suggestion as to what should go in it.
Steve Losey is a reporter with Federal Times. He brings a recap of the supercommittee stalemate and what the deficit could mean for federal employees.
Government Accountability Office employees could face six days of furlough this year as the watchdog agency expects a possible cut of $35 to $42 million in its budget compared with last year.
Without a supplemental spending bill by July 4th, Sec. Gates has said Defense will be unable to pay active-duty military and have to start furloughing civilian workers. We talk with Gen. Charles Wald of Deloitte about the bill and the concerns.
Facing harsh criticism from Democrats, Senator Jim Bunning surrendered opposition to the extension of unemployment and health benefits for roughly 400-thousand jobless Americans needed continued federal assistance. After Bunning stepped aside Tuesday night, the Senate voted 78-to-19 to extend the benefits for 30 days. Bunning said it was hypocritical for Democrats to present a bill that is not fully paid for when they also support "pay as you go" legislation.
The Social Security Administration wants to start talks about preparing for furloughs, according to a letter from the agency to the union representing SSA employees.