Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: freeze
Pentagon hiring freeze for civilian employees will last several more years, although Defense Department leaders say they'll grant exemptions to give the department flexibility.
The first unofficial holiday of the government's fiscal year, Halloween, is traditionally the time when horrible job-related rumors are revived. After scaring many federal workers and retirees the scary stuff always goes away. But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says this year things may be different.
Everybody knows the government is full of waste, duplication and has too many employees. Where we often disagree is just where that's at. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey thinks he's found the solution. Or not.
According to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, the F-word is being heard more and more each day in federal agencies. What it means, Mike says, is don't quit your daytime job.