Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: fiscal commission
If federal workers listen closely to the State of the Union address, they can get a good sense of what agency priorities are going to be for the upcoming year.
Host Debra Roth is joined by Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, NARFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock, and World at Work's Lenny Sanicola to talk about pending legislation in Congress that would change retirement benefits for federal workers.
May 20, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay , federal retirement , TSP , Congress , Tim Geithner , debt ceiling , deficit reduction , deficit reduction commission , Civil Service retirement and disability trust fund , FERS , CSRS , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn , Dan Adcock , NARFE , Lenny Sanicola , World at Work , Fed Talk
Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the majority whip and a member of the commission, said in an interview that the "toxic" political environment created by the midterm elections threatens to undermine the proposals the panel is expected to make in December.