Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: fiscal commission
If federal workers listen closely to the State of the Union address, they can get a good sense of what agency priorities are going to be for the upcoming year.
Host Debra Roth is joined by Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, NARFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock, and World at Work's Lenny Sanicola to talk about pending legislation in Congress that would change retirement benefits for federal workers.
May 20, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay , federal retirement , TSP , Congress , Tim Geithner , debt ceiling , deficit reduction , deficit reduction commission , Civil Service retirement and disability trust fund , FERS , CSRS , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn , Dan Adcock , NARFE , Lenny Sanicola , World at Work , Fed Talk
Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the majority whip and a member of the commission, said in an interview that the "toxic" political environment created by the midterm elections threatens to undermine the proposals the panel is expected to make in December.