Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: firefighters
The number of firefighters in Virginia declined to about 26,500 in 2010, from 27,000 in 2009, and 27,600 in 2008, according to surveys by the Virginia Department of Fire Programs. Volunteers made up about 63 percent of the state's firefighting force during those years.
Come Labor Day, the signs are everywhere. Firefighters stand in the street, collecting money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association through their annual Fill the Boot campaign.
WTOP has learned that some voters are feeling intimidated by one group to whom they usually look for protection.
A Montgomery County judge Monday dismissed a lawsuit seeking to stop county firefighters from campaigning for ambulance fees.