Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: financial systems
A great story on cloud computing from Federal News Radio’s Jason Miller. Miller reports federal chief information officer Vivek Kundra sees financial systems and human resources systems as the next two big areas that could benefit from cloud computing. Kundra said the government currently runs more than 1,000 different financial and HR systems. “I envision [...]
House Democrats went over the heads of Homeland Security Department officials and appealed to the White House to cancel a $1 billion financial management project, NextGov reports.
A new Inspector General audit finds FEMA failed to resolve some ongoing weaknesses. Inspectors also found a host of new vulnerabilities around cybersecurity and data backup.
The administration issues two new memos focusing on all IT projects and specifically on financial management systems. OMB will issue guidance in the next month detailing how they will evaluate which programs are at most risk. OMB's Zients says programs worth more than $10 billion are significantly off track in cost, schedule or both.