Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: financial management
The federal government's top accountant says it's time for agencies to transform the way they report on their financial health. It all starts with citizens demanding to know how their tax dollars are being spent.
Recently, Federal IT officials have been talking about important changes to the way that financial management systems at federal agencies are upgraded. But now one of the government's top financial managers is also speaking out on the need for new thinking when the time comes for modernizing those systems.
WFED's Max Cacas has more.
Draft memo obtained by Federal News Radio calls for stopping new and ongoing modernization and development programs until OMB can review them. OMB also would dole out funding on a quarterly basis for ongoing projects to ensure they are meeting milestones.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
There's a new action plan available that addresses cyber security from an enterprise-wide perspective. We get details from Internet Security Alliance president and CEO, Larry Clinton.
The White House has released a consolidated financial report for the entire government. But the Government Accountability Office says the information is, for the most part, flawed.
Financial management line of business effort is continuing. But it is expanding to address making data easier to obtain and share. OMB issued its final set of business process standards. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller gets the inside details at the 19th annual Executive Leadership Conference.
Keeping your finger on the money: There's a brand new focus for your agency's financial management plans. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller explains.