Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: financial management
Andrew McLauchlin, vice president at CGI Federal, spoke with Federal News Radio about ACT-IAC's four recommendations.
Beth McGrath, DoD's deputy chief management officer, said reworking acquisition regulations will include new ways to buy technology and promote agile development. The Pentagon is targeting everything from the way it buys technology to standardizing business systems in an effort to save money and become more efficient. DoD wants to standardize 15 common, commercial business processes.
The administration's government reorganization efforts are underway. Federal News Radio spoke with Pat Dalton, chief operating officer at GAO, about duplication and redundancy in the federal government.
Sen. Mark Warner proposed a web-based system to Congress to improve the way federal expenses are reported by federal agencies. It's the Senate version of a bill proposed last week in the House by Rep. Darrell Issa.
Tags: Mark Warner , Congress , Senate , management , transparency , oversight , Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , Digital Accountability and Transparency Act , Federal Accountability and Spending Transparency , Courtney Thompson
Get an inside look at the new look of the Justice Department's accounting system from Cynthia Schnedar, Acting Inspector General at DOJ
A new bill would establish a permanent, independent body to track federal spending and increase accountability, according to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
Tags: Darrell Issa , Congress , House , management , transparency , oversight , Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , Digital Accountability and Transparency Act , Federal Accountability and Spending Transparency , Ruben Gomez
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said there are more than 1,000 of these back-office systems and moving them to private cloud providers could save billions. Several agencies, including Labor and EEOC, already have moved their financial systems to a private cloud. Kundra envisions an interagency effort similar to the one for email where agencies commit to using a governmentwide contract for these services.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , USDA , NRC , Interior , EEOC , Labor , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , human resources management systems , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , Microsoft , Politico , Jason Miller
Interior's National Business Center no longer will support CGI's Momentum software forcing NRC, EEOC, FLRB and NTSB to find a new financial management system provider.
A day after the Department of Homeland Security cancelled its $450 million contract to modernize and unify its backoffice IT systems, the department's acting CFO told Congress DHS will focus first on modernizing the infrastructure of the department's components that are severely out of date. A new strategy for an integrated, departmentwide system has yet to be determined, she said.
The Homeland Security Department's chief management officer said Tuesday that the lack of a departmentwide financial management system is a huge deficiency. Fixing that, he said, is among the department's primary management priorities.