Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: financial management
Outgoing Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn said the biggest change at the Defense Department during his tenure was the increased focus on cybersecurity.
The Government Accountability Office is looking at the progress the Pentagon is making.
The GAO's reports evaluates the independence of inspector generals in government.
In reports and testimony to Congress, the Government Accountability Office finds DoD has built a credible plan to meet a Congressionally-mandated full financial audit by 2017. However, the audit agency is skeptical the military branches will be able to implement the plan in time.
Congressional auditors are recommending some changes to the way treasury manages the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
The House Armed Services Committee is following the success of its acquisition reform panel with a similar approach to Pentagon finances. Reps. Mike Conaway and Rob Andrews will, once again, lead the effort.
A House Armed Services Committee panel is reviewing the Pentagon's efforts to reform its auditing practices. Reps. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and Rob Andrews (D-N.J.) head the panel, which is first trying to get a handle on the scope of the issue, Andrews told Federal News Radio's Federal Drive.
All agency bureaus will implement the Internet Payment Platform by 2012. Additionally, all Treasury vendors must submit invoices through the portal starting in 2013. The electronic invoice payment program is one of 12 initiatives to improve federal financial management.
A new survey by Grant Thornton and the Association of Government Accountants found federal financial managers want a new way to present data that is more meaningful. CFOs also said they are starting to take advantage of predictive analysis tools.
Just-retired DoD Secretary Robert Gates issued a recent memo announcing his decision about how DISA and the chief information officer's office will change. Gates said DoD will dis-establish the Networks Integration and Information office.