Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: financial management
Most of the fiscal 2011 reductions came from the departments of Education, Agriculture and Health and Human Services. The administration also announced new steps aimed at improving how agencies use suspension and debarment to deal with unreliable contractors and grant recipients.
Asif Khan, director of Financial Management and Assurance Issues at the Government Accountability Office, outlines some of the challenges the Pentagon faces in order to become auditable by 2017.
Gordon Adams, a professor of international relations at American University and former associate director at the Office of Management and Budget, outlines how draw downs have impacted DoD budgets since World War II.
Last month, the Inspector General of the Department of Justice said the agency spent too much money on conferences, citing $16 muffins as an example. Today, in a revised report, the IG said the muffins didn't actually cost that much.
Susan Irving, director for Federal Budget Analysis at GAO, shared the findings from the GAO report, "The Federal Government's Long-Term Fiscal Outlook: Fall 2011 Update."
The Department of Homeland Security expects an audit of its IT systems will bring relatively good news in two weeks. Last year's audit found 161 issues in technology systems throughout the agency. Those problems ranged from a lack of disaster recovery plans to the inability to block former employees from accessing department IT systems.
The bill builds on a series proposals on improper payments, said Linda Springer, former OMB comptroller.
FEMA has recovered just $3 million of $643 million in potentially improper disaster relief aid since Hurricane Katrina. But its attempts to recoup the money are setting off one senator and threatening to erupt into a public relations snafu.
Tags: Hurricane Katrina , inspector general , FEMA , Richard Serino , Matt Jadacki , Maurice McTigue , George Mason University , disaster response , improper payments , fraud , DHS , Emily Kopp , Mark Pryor , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Tags: management , technology , Danny Werfel , OMB , Treasury , GSA , Association of Government Accountants , improper payments , Financial Systems Integration Office , shared service providers , CFO , Intragovernmental transactions , AGA