Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal spending
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss how the budget deal will affect next year's government funding,and how budget cuts are affecting U.S. defense industrial capabilities.
December 19, 2013
The Government Accountability Office released its first annual report required by Congress to examine overlap among federal programs. Auditors found agencies have redundant programs in everything from contracting to food safety to literacy education.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
So how do you sell something to Congress and the public? You must make sure that the numbers you present look good...even if they don't make sense. Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is now in possession of the magic numbers formula and if you read today's column you can save yourself $124.6 billion.
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) introduces legislation to cut the federal workforce by 10 percent and freeze federal pay for an additional year. The bill includes a host of suggestions to cut spending from both the commission and from the Obama and Bush administrations. Brady said collecting unpaid taxes from federal employees could result in $3 billion.
Some states and localities just say no to federal stimulus funding.
Tags: stimulus ,
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , David Obey , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , stimulus bill , energy efficiency , modernization