Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal spending
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss how the budget deal will affect next year's government funding,and how budget cuts are affecting U.S. defense industrial capabilities.
December 19, 2013
The Government Accountability Office released its first annual report required by Congress to examine overlap among federal programs. Auditors found agencies have redundant programs in everything from contracting to food safety to literacy education.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
So how do you sell something to Congress and the public? You must make sure that the numbers you present look good...even if they don't make sense. Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is now in possession of the magic numbers formula and if you read today's column you can save yourself $124.6 billion.
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) introduces legislation to cut the federal workforce by 10 percent and freeze federal pay for an additional year. The bill includes a host of suggestions to cut spending from both the commission and from the Obama and Bush administrations. Brady said collecting unpaid taxes from federal employees could result in $3 billion.
Some states and localities just say no to federal stimulus funding.
Tags: stimulus ,
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , David Obey , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , stimulus bill , energy efficiency , modernization