Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal government
Recommendations for Federal Hiring Reform
November 10th, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Scott Orbach talks with guest Dan Frank, a "vetrepreneur" from Three Wire Systems in Falls Church. Mr. Frank served in the U.S. Navy from 1984-1992 as a Naval Flight Officer. He discusses contracting opportunities for veteran business owners looking to sell their products and services to the federal government.
Webster defines transparency as the "quality of being easily seen through or detected." But how do you define what "transparency" means to the Federal Government? Is government transparency realized when the process of acquisition is made available to the public or just the results? The challenge of achieving transparency is a balancing act many are facing. Meeting new transparency mandates requires judgment and sound strategy. Do you have the right strategy?
Listen November 10th at 2pm
Program will discuss the progress of Cloud Computing in the Federal Government, best practices including the DISA RACE program, challenges still ahead, lessons learned, and the vision for the future.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cloud , DoD , DISA , Roberty Carey , Navy , Mike Krieger , Army , Henry Sienkiewcz , Booz Allen Hamilton , Tom Simmons , Tim Harder , Citrix Systems , EMC Federal Systems , Ron Ritchey
Listen 5/22- Hosts Diana Veilleux and Kate Fulton will be joined by Gregg Prillaman, a federal human capital consultant, to discuss current human resources challenges facing the federal government.
Listen 5/29 - Hosts Bill Bransford and Maria Coleman will be joined by Paul Rowson of WorldatWork to discuss federal employee benefits, work-life balance options, and recruitment into the federal government.
Jim Barnes, political correspondent for National Journal
Federal employees may have more to contend with than pay freezes and a Christmas Eve workday this frigid December, with a recent announcement that the government has changed the definition of employee leave for closures.
Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., has sponsored a bill that would require all federal agencies to allow 20 percent of their employees to telework at least one day a week.
Filling out those NCAA brackets for more than fun is not allowed if you work for the federal government.