Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal employees
Despite increased animosity and even attack, federal employees want to get the mission accomplished. Things will calm down, but feds can take action now to protect themselves from further attack.
As proposed by the President, people who pay into Social Security would have their payroll tax cut by 2 percentage points next year. Those who don't pay into Social Security, like nearly 600,000 federal employees, would see no change. NARFE's Dan Adcock explains why there's grousing on both sides.
National Security Correspondent JJ Green learns that stopping these kinds of attacks depends on something called "evolving intelligence."
Learn more about how many people are working for the government, and how many aren't from Christopher Goodman, an economist with the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
A partial shift in power on the Hill means committee chairmanships will change in the House but not in the Senate. A variety of issues from the federal budget to telework, and federal pay and regulatory policies will be re-examined.
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , Mike Causey , Dan Adcock , Leslie Phillips , Steny Hoyer , Darrell Issa , Jason Chaffetz , Bob Cusack , Suzanne Kubota , Jerry Bodlander , Susan Crabtree , federal pay raise , pay raise , 2011 budget , furloughs , Bill Bransford , hiring freeze , workforce reductions , health care , FEHBP , Social Security , $250 payment , Jolie Lee , Julia Ziegler , 1.4 percent raise , Election 2010