Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal employees
Attorney Bill Bransford joins host Bob Leins to talk about how federal employees will be affected by sequestration and furloughs.
March 4, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , Bob Leins , Bill Bransford , Shaw Bransford & Roth , sequestration , furloughs , federal employee rights , Senior Executives Association , Merit Systems Protection Board , EEOC , Office of Special Counsel , Office of Inspector General , For Your Benefit
Federal employees got the news they were waiting for today. The White House announced they'll be given the day off on Monday, Dec. 24, giving them a four-day weekend many had been hoping for.
With just weeks until election day, take time out to consider what may be one of the largest most-likely-to-vote bloc of voters that is mostly underneath the political radar. Meet the IFVs (Invisible Federal Voters). And check out their numbers in critical swing vote states.
Known to the Twitterverse and the president of the United States as "Mohawk Guy" of the Mars mission, Bobak Ferdowsi could be the changing public face of NASA and all of geekdom.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Government Accountability Office , congress , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Elijah Cummings , Julie Tagen , National Active and Retired Federal Employees , counterterrorism ,
With 24/7 coverage of alleged scandals at GSA, DoD and the Secret Service, many feds are wondering: "What next?" So what do you do if your agency suddenly finds itself in the spotlight?
Government workers are under orders to blow the whistle if they spot waste, fraud or abuse. But, for many, that is easier said than done. What if the crook or clown is your immediate boss? Or your agency head? So who guards the guards?
One of the major functions of the FWA will be to get federal sector unions on the same page when dealing with Congress and the Administration.