Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: federal agencies
When the White House releases the federal budget request each year, it's an opportunity for federal agencies and departments to list their priorities, announce new initiatives and detail the programs — along with the funding levels to support those programs — each will undertake. But this year, in a nod to the climate of budgetary uncertainty and a Congress increasingly looking toward cuts, all of the agency budgets not only detail how they will spend money in fiscal-year 2013, but how they will save money.
The order directs agencies to cut spending on travel and reduce their fleets, limit the number of devices — such as smartphones, laptops and tablets — it issues to employees and even orders agencies to stop unnecessary printing.
The Office of Personnel Management has issued guidance for executive agencies and departments on dealing with the extreme heat over the next few days.
While Google ranks as their ideal employer, many college students say they are interested in working for federal agencies.