Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: fairfax county
A lawsuit has been dropped challenging how the Fairfax County Public School Board conducted a meeting about a school closure, but continued attention to the issue could change the way the county government operates.
It is one of the richest counties in the nation and has weathered the recession better than almost all others, but Fairfax County is still facing some lean times.
As the Fairfax County School Board looks to its 2012 budget, teachers and their unions are considering ways to force change to the system they deem essential.
Police have not said what may have motivated a grandmother to allegedly toss her granddaughter off a mall walkway at Tysons Corner Center.
Tags: Tysons Corner , Carmela Dela Rosa , Fairfax County Police , Kristi King , Paul D. Shinkman , Angelyn Ogdoc , Hank Silverberg , granddaughter tossed , Diocese of Arlington , Kathlyn Ogdoc , James Ogdoc
Local governments are bracing for what some say will be a dramatic increase in costs stemming from the federal health care bill.
For many people, the perfect Christmas gift this year would be a job. And there are some encouraging signs for job hunters around the D.C. area.
Students will be allowed to make up missed or poorly done work, and will only get an 'F' if they fail to do so in future months.
When it comes to median household income, Loudoun County takes the No. 1 spot, followed by Fairfax County. Five other area counties also make the list.
Residents throughout the area must still content with the hundreds of political signs and posters skewered on lamp posts and stuck in tree boxes.
Republican challenger Keith Fimian is conceding a narrow loss to Democratic Rep. Gerry Connolly in last week's 11th Congressional District race.