Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: environment
The General Services Administration plans to have draft governmentwide policies for reusing and recycling used electronics by the end of this fiscal year. Kevin Kampschroer, deputy senior sustainability official for GSA, announced the agency's efforts at the release of the updated national strategy for sustainable electronics.
The winning app for the Environmental Protection Agency's Apps for the Environment Challenge helps people find the right light bulb for their homes.
Today, nuclear energy supplies 20% of the nation's electricity without emitting any greenhouse gases. Nuclear energy produces large amount of electricity with a small environmental footprint. To match the output of just two nuclear reactors with wind power would require land 10 times the size of Washington, D.C. Matching that same nuclear energy production with biomass power would require land larger than Delaware.
The head of the Environmental Protection Agency is pushing back against those who claim that protecting the environment is bad for business. Administrator Lisa Jackson is in a tug of war with members of Congress who want to block her agency from regulating greenhouse gases.
Agencies have been ordered to to set greenhouse gas reduction targets, increase energy efficiency, reduce fleet petroleum consumption, conserve water, reduce waste, etc. We get an update on their progress from Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore.
Working with government agencies means working in a political environment. The response, former Coast Guard Admiral and Commandant Thad Allen said, was "as much as a political event as an operational event."
Climate change is having implications for the Navy, according to a new assessment by the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences.
Ruth Ann Norton of Green and Healthy Homes Initiative explains how the organization works with federal agencies to increases sustainability in homes.
Adm. Thad Allen headed the national response to the Gulf Coast spill. He shared with the DorobekINSIDER the successes and challenges to facing the disaster.