Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: enterprisewide services
Doug Nash, the Forest Service's CIO, said he sees great promise in using a PC-on-a-stick to let employees securely connect back to the network, save data from the field and do work from anywhere. Forest Service will release a mobile strategy and architecture in the coming weeks.
February 21, 2013
Agency CIOs need to find creative ways to lower the cost of their technology services. DHS is testing the concept of "workplace-as-a-service." OMB soon will issue a new shared services architecture to help agencies understand how best to move to enterprisewide systems.
Tags: technology , Richard Spires , DHS , Lisa Schlosser , OMB , Dave Wennergren , DoD , management , cloud computing , HP , CSC , GSA , CIO Council , collaboration , ELC 2011 , ACT-IAC , Jason Miller
Secretary Salazar issued a memo to give oversight of the IT budget to the chief information officer. The memo also removes the CIO title from the bureaus and renames them as assistant directors for information resources. Observers say this move by Interior has been long-overdue.