Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: enterprise software licensing
Navy department's second large enterprise licensing agreement will save an estimated $60 million over five years. Navy and Marine Corps components are required to use it for all of the Oracle database products it covers.
Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen says the Navy and Marine Corps have already reduced IT spending by $2 billion, and will soon target billions more in technology spending.
The General Services Administration and Homeland Security Department gave 14 vendors a spot on a cybersecurity contract. The vendors represent a "full gamut" of certification and accreditation services, a GSA official told Federal News Radio.
Tags: technology , contracting , Lawrence Hale , GSA , DHS , SmartBUY , cybersecurity , certification and accreditation , Enterprise software licensing , Apptis , Booz, Allen Hamilton , Deloitte , DSD Labs , G&B Solutions Inc. , Global Network Systems , Kadix System LLC , Knowledge Consulting Group Inc. , SecureInfo Corp. , Securicon LLC , Tantus Technologies Inc. , Telos Corp. , Tetrad Digital Integrity , Veris Group LLC , Jason Miller , Cybersecurity Update
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , Marine Corps , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu