Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: energy efficiency
The Defense and Energy departments will team up on a pair of multimillion dollar research projects. The goal is to give the military access to secure, reliable renewable energy, both in deployed units and on military bases.
Green government and sustainability have taken center stage in government. Nick Milne-Home and Jerry Rutkowski of 1E discuss how your agency can save energy through software and services that improve IT efficiency.
February 22, 2011
A pair of memos requires facilities worldwide to improve how they construct buildings to be more green and to use different light bulbs. The goal is to conserve energy, be environmentally responsible, and save taxpayer dollars.
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Tags: management , Michelle Moore , Tom Carper , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , sustainability plans , green government , Jason Miller
DoE set up Energy Savings Performance Contracts with several different companies to work under a share-in-savings approach to reduce agency utility bills. Agencies do not have to pay upfront costs to move electricity or other infrastructure away from fossil fuels. The contracts could help agencies meet the White House's carbon footprint and greenhouse goals.
Tags: management , Skye Schell , Energy , White House , Navy , Justice , green government , carbon footprint , greenhouse gas emissions , energy service companies , Energy Savings Performance Contracts , Jason Miller
Learn more about research from the DoE on energy efficiency
Despite the high installation cost, new windows can lower your carbon footprint and even earn you a substantial tax credit.
Legislation calls for agencies to adopt computer power savings techniques, implement advanced metering technology and create energy data standards.
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , David Obey , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , stimulus bill , federal spending , modernization