Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: energy conservation
Roger Platt of the U.S. Green Building Council, joins host Debra Roth to talk about what the government is doing to be more environmentally friendly.
December 16, 2011
Host Roger Waldron will discuss a wide variety of procurement issues, with Judy Marks, CEO of Siemens Government Technologies.
December 06, 2012(Encore presentation January 10, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Judy Marks , Siemens Government Technologies , federal market , performance contracts , team building , management , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how agencies are saving energy and money.
Tags: management , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Federal Financial Management subcommittee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) said his subcommittee will take up the subject of energy conservation and the federal government when Congress goes back in session next week.
Energy conservation and saving taxpayer dollars are the goals of an Executive order to agencies signed by the President last October. But what are the special challenges of complying with that order for Executive Branch agencies? A Senate committee spent yesterday afternoon getting a progress report.
Tags: management , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Financial Management, Government Informatio , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
Setting thermostats higher and delaying the use of major household appliances until after 9 p.m. will help you conserve.
Turning out the lights, shutting down computers and printers at night and controlling the thermostat in the winter paid off for Stafford County.