Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: energy
NIST led the year-long effort to develop the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Agencies now must review regulations to ensure alignment with the framework. DHS also launches a new voluntary program that will offer access to a variety of federal resources to help companies improve cybersecurity.
GSA tests new energy-saving technologies in its own buildings, to help the government save money and manufacturers realize opportunities in the commercial sphere.
Agencies across government are leveraging digital technologies to both embark on new initiatives and enhance existing ones. The growing adoption of mobile devices, cloud computing technologies and wireless capabilities allows agencies to conduct unique outreach efforts and makes the agencies, themselves, more flexible workplaces. Agency technology officials discussed both issues as part of the Federal News Radio special report, A New Era in Technology.
Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army, Installations, Energy and Environment, joins Francis Rose for Pentagon Solutions
Dr. Richard Carlin, director of the Navy's Sea Warfare and Weapons Department in the Office of Naval Research, outlines his organization's energy goals and the Navy's increasing investments in its Energy Excelerator program.
The Energy Department's Office of Environmental Management (EM) faced scrutiny in a hearing Thursday that questioned EM's contract management. DOE has been on the GAO's High Risk List for contract management since 1990.
The idea behind cyber threat intelligence is to understand more about the attack and the attacker than ever before by matching up patterns, anomalies and other characteristics of the bad guys. Energy, DoD, Commerce and DHS are all analyzing cyber attack data to develop this more complete picture.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , McAfee , Alma Cole , DHS , Gil Vega , Energy , Commerce , Simon Szykman , DoD , Teri Takai , information sharing , Public-private partnership , Threat intelligence , Jason Miller