Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: encryption
Glenn Schoonover from Koolspan will discuss mobile security with host John Gilroy.
February 19, 2013
Tags: technology , mobile device management , mobile security , smart phones , iPhone , Glenn Schoonover , Koolspan , micro SD card , mobile software , passwords , NIST , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Department says 99 percent of laptops now are encrypted. Of the 21 laptops reported stolen or missing in the last two months, all were secured with security software.
The FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services says local law enforcement needs to encrypt its data if it wants to join the cloud. The FBI said when information is encrypted from the start, police can have control of its cybersecurity on any cloud system, according to a post on InfoSecurity.
Host John Gilroy is joined by John Bordwine, public sector CTO at Symantec. They will discuss "Endpoint" security and how it applies to mobile technology.
June 7, 2011
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , DoD , GSA , NASA , DHS , U.S. CERT , NIST , cybersecurity , FISMA , continuous monitoring , HSPD-12 , Cyber Workforce , CyberStat , Cyberscope , supply chain , Jason Miller