Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: encryption
Glenn Schoonover from Koolspan will discuss mobile security with host John Gilroy.
February 19, 2013
Tags: technology , mobile device management , mobile security , smart phones , iPhone , Glenn Schoonover , Koolspan , micro SD card , mobile software , passwords , NIST , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Department says 99 percent of laptops now are encrypted. Of the 21 laptops reported stolen or missing in the last two months, all were secured with security software.
The FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services says local law enforcement needs to encrypt its data if it wants to join the cloud. The FBI said when information is encrypted from the start, police can have control of its cybersecurity on any cloud system, according to a post on InfoSecurity.
Host John Gilroy is joined by John Bordwine, public sector CTO at Symantec. They will discuss "Endpoint" security and how it applies to mobile technology.
June 7, 2011
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , DoD , GSA , NASA , DHS , U.S. CERT , NIST , cybersecurity , FISMA , continuous monitoring , HSPD-12 , cyber workforce , CyberStat , Cyberscope , supply chain , Jason Miller