Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: electronic health records
MC4 system lets services analyze how to better protect soldiers, deploy medical staff to improve battlefield care. Army expects wider use of system of systems across DoD.
Host John Gilroy is joined by Jon Booth, director of Web and New Media Services at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid services.
October 11, 2011
Tags: technology , mymedicare.gov , website design , jon booth , new media , center for medicare and medicaid services , Medicare , Medicaid , Google , Microsoft , personal health record , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Department of Veterans is moving its electronic health record system to the open source community.
The Federal Drive's Tom Temin caught up with Todd Park, the chief technology officer for Health and Human Services. Park gives an update on the progress of moving towards electronic health records and examines a linkage between two pieces of health record legislation.
In theory electronic health records are a great idea. However there are problems that must be addressed before they will be widely accepted among physicians and hospitals.