Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: electronic health records
Damon Davis, special assistant at HHS' Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, talks about how the BlueButton Initiative is improving healthcare IT at his agency.
August 21, 2012
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , Blue Button initiative , Damon Davis , HHS , HHS Office of Health Information Technology , records management , information sharing , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The secretaries of the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs testified about how the two agencies are collaborating to make it easier for military members to return to civilian life. Members of the Armed Services and Veterans Affairs House committees questioned them about various programs designed to help the process.
Tags: DoD , Veterans Affairs , Congress , House Armed Services Committee , House Committee on Veterans Affairs , Leon Panetta , Eric Shinseki , Jeff Miller , Bob Filner , Transition Assistance Program , management , workforce , Esther Carey
The development of a shared records system between the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs is making progress thanks to several pilots. VA-DoD is taking the lessons learned from the tests and applying them to future pilots.
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)