Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: electricity
Nearly a year ago, the White House promised it would help sub-Saharan Africa turn the lights on. More than two-thirds of people there live without electricity. The Power Africa initiative includes a dozen federal agencies, six African countries and corporate partners. Andy Herscowitz coordinates the effort on behalf of the United States Agency for International Development. He joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss the initiative.
Mike Causey outlines some of the hurdles to telework.
A few new inventions are making sure nothing goes to waste, even if it means using dog or human waste.
In June, the region used more electricity than Switzerland does in a year. Electric demand in July broke an unusual record.
Gov. Martin O'Malley has made the advancement of Maryland's renewable energy industry a top priority this legislative session, stressing the potential of widespread job creation to promote development. He's working closely with the Maryland Energy Administration to attract energy companies that could make the state a national leader in renewable energy production.
Tags: renewable energy , Maryland Energy Administration , alternative energy , wind farms , George W. Della Jr. , Naval Air Systems Command's Patuxent River Headqua , Solvida Energy Group , C. Sue Hecht , Susan L. M. Aumann , Garrett County