Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: efficiency initiative
The U.S. Joint Forces Command, which will be formally disestablished later this year as part of Defense Secretary Robert Gates' efficiency initiative, had several of its functions transferred to other DoD components on Tuesday. The Pentagon said the realignment would preserve critical capabilities and place them in other branches of the department's organizational chart.
The Defense Department's procurement chief is asking contractors to submit comments on acquisition practices that increase costs but do not add value to DoD purchases. The request is part of DoD's "Better Buying Initiative."
Undersecretary Carter says vendors providing services and weapons systems must figure out how to do more with less. He says DoD will create a preferred supplier program.