Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: education
The agency has released an RFI asking for infrastructure and platform-as-a-service options.
Most of the fiscal 2011 reductions came from the departments of Education, Agriculture and Health and Human Services. The administration also announced new steps aimed at improving how agencies use suspension and debarment to deal with unreliable contractors and grant recipients.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has inked a deal with the Education Department and the National Cybersecurity Education Council to better promote formal cybersecurity education.
Maryland's board of public works will announce budget cuts this week , but what about the money the state owes Montgomery County Public Schools?
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
Federal chief technology officer Aneesh Chopra says a 15-member working group is close to coming out with a report. It's been nearly six months since OMB ended the public comment period on whether to allow software to track users' habits.
OMB asks agencies to come up with $6 million to upgrade current system
President Obama will issue an executive order in the next week detailing steps agencies must take to reduce the amount of improper payments. OMB will set up a new online dashboard to track these expenditures, similar to the one for IT projects. Executive order also will implement stricter requirements for contractors to report overpayments.
White House hosts meeting with 50 CEOs from private sector companies to discuss how to incorporate best practices to make the government more effective and efficient. Chief performance officer Jeff Zients says the ideas from the meeting will be used to help agencies meet their three-to-eight high priority goals in 2010. The administration's goal is to change the way the government uses technology to serve citizens.
Tags: management , technology , Barack Obama , Jeff Zients , Scott Gould , Jacob Lew , Bill Lynn , Tony Miller , David Hayes , White House , OMB , VA , DoD , Interior , State , management agenda , high priority goals