Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: earmarks
We the undersigned hereby petition Congress and the Obama administration to produce and publish data about earmarks in machine-readable form so that we can fully review earmark requests, see what earmarks are inserted into bills, and see every earmark that is approved and signed into law.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Paul Ryan , Darrell Issa , White House , State of the Union , federal spending , Deficit Commission , green energy , government reorganization , transparency , Jason Miller
OMB says earmarks are on the decline, but what exactly is being considered an earmark? Jodi Schneider, Senior Editor with American Banker has details.