Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: e-government
Cary Coglianese, a professor of law at the University of Pennsylvania, tells the DorobekINSIDER it is still difficult to assess how effective these e-government initiatives have been.
A team from Google and YouTube spent a week in Iraq studying Internet penetration and experimenting in e-government.
A report by the Technology CEO Council offers ways the government can streamline technology and says these methods could save the government $1 trillion over the next decade. Michael R. Nelson, visiting professor of Internet Studies at Georgetown University, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the report's recommendations.
E-government is increasing government transparency, including making available who the White House visitor list. As he leaves the White House to pursue the bid for Chicago's next mayor, President Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel leaves behind an electronic list of the Chicago players, politicians and reporters who visited him in the White House, The Sunlight Foundation reports.
A study from South Korea shows that investment in e-government may not be paying off when it comes to people's involvement and trust in government. DorobekINSIDER talks to two of the study's authors.
Keith Thurston will work with Dave McClure on e-government efforts as will the Data.gov team. GSA also is hiring full-time employees to help the assorted CXO councils.
Agency issued a draft RFP requesting industry comment on its new requirements. GSA says 23 major agencies and 38 smaller ones are using one of three E-Travel vendors.