Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: domestic partner benefits
The Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee moves the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations, the Keeping Politics Out of Federal Contracting and two other pieces of legislation to the floor for a full vote.
Tags: management , acquisition , workforce , Joe Jordan , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Hatch Act , political contributions , jason miller , jon tester
Twenty senators — all Democrats — have signed on in support of the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act, which would extend health-care benefits to same-sex, domestic partners of federal employees.
The agency will issue its first Call Letter of 2011 Friday detailing suggestions for insurance carriers to focus on wellness and healthy lifestyles. Director Berry also wants insurance providers to offer affinity benefits for domestic partners of federal employees. Later this year, OPM will launch a new medical claims database to improve the plans.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , OPM , Walt Francis , Checkbook , FEHB , Harley Geiger , CDT , privacy , cybersecurity , American Health insurance Plans , data warehouse , medical-loss ratio , jason miller
Federal workers and retirees in domestic partner relationships with someone of the same sex could give them health benefits under a controversial bill working its way through the House. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that not everybody is happy.
Administration working with lawmakers to give full federal benefits to domestic partners. Employee union calls sick leave change real progress.
Should the Federal Government follow half of the Fortune 500 companies to get and keep good workers?
Tags: same sex