Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: diversity
Greg Jacob, policy director at the Service Women Action Network, says to create a level playing field in the military women need to be in combat.
OPM Deputy Director Christine Griffin has an update on the effort increase diversity at your agency.
Director John Berry has asked federal and private sector experts to come up with a formula to compare public and private sector salaries. He says the government has a perception problem that needs to be fixed. Two senators introduce provisions to freeze federal pay and the number of employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Christine Griffin , Tom Coburn , John Thune , OPM , BLS , Senior Executive Association , NAPA , Administrative Conference of the U.S. , hiring reforms , pay raise , Jason Miller , Executive Update 2010
The U.S. military is too white and too male at the top and needs to change recruiting and promotion policies and lift its ban on women in combat, an independent report for Congress said Monday. We learn more from Retired Air Force Gen. Lester Lyles, chair of the Military Leadership Diversity Commission.
The spirit that guided Lincoln was clearly that of his Second Inaugural Address, now inscribed on one wall of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D. C.: "With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds.... "
CHCO Jeff Neal says the agency received permission from OMB and OPM to hire 90 SESers. He also wants to ensure the senior manager ranks include more women and minorities.
The MSPB, which is responsible for evaluating and reporting on the health of the Federal civil service, conducted a study to assess the Federal Government's progress in meeting these goals, with particular attention to representation, career advancement, and the perceived fairness and integrity of personnel practices and decisions.