Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: disaster preparedness
Captain Tim Maloney, the React Company commander for the Marines Corps' Chemical Biological Incident Response Force, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to talk about the preparation efforts — just in case.
Capital region officials cheered the Office of Personnel Management's "shelter-in-place" option for snow emergencies. Having people stay at the office during sudden or extreme snowstorms would lessen gridlock, officials told lawmakers Wednesday. They also urged area workers to know their children's school emergency policies and have backup childcare arrangements in place.
A Senate homeland security subcommittee is set to examine whether the Washington area is prepared for natural or man-made disasters.
Host Derrick Dortch is joined by Julie Rochman, president of the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety.
August 26, 2011