Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: deficit
If you ask about federal employees what the biggest story of 2011, the words that cropped up the most were: freeze, shutdown and Congress, according to a Federal News Radio open-ended response survey.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said he will move a $1 trillion omnibus spending bill to avoid another continuing resolution.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: supercommittee , management , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , Jolie Lee , Jack Moore
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.
Tags: Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , pay and benefits , Federal-Postal Coalition , supercommittee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Congress , budget , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Emily Kopp , hiring , workforce
This is my last, weekly Op-Ed on Federal News Radio, and I want our listeners to know that I appreciate the wonderful support, emails, and comments you have made over the past year.
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) said his subcommittee will take up the subject of energy conservation and the federal government when Congress goes back in session next week.