Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: defense industrial base
The Pentagon said it needs a much clearer picture of the subcontractors beneath the top tier of prime vendors it works with every day. DoD is trying to create a comprehensive map of the entire defense industry so it can keep critical suppliers healthy during an expected period of industry consolidation.
A new directive from the military formalizes a pilot program between the DoD and the Defense Industrial Base. DoD and vendors will create an information sharing environment for threats and best practices.
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.