Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: defense industrial base
Sequestration would kill hundreds of thousands of defense industry jobs, the Pentagon warns. Frank Kendall told senators during his nomination hearing to be the DoD acquisition chief that personnel accounts would be shielded so lower-tiered contractors would feel the brunt of cuts.
The National Guard and Reserve will be key to implementing the Pentagon's plans for "reversible" cuts to military ground forces, the Defense Department's top policy official said Monday. DoD is still trying to figure out the best ways to keep at least part of the reserve component in an operational status after 10 years of war.
The Pentagon said it needs a much clearer picture of the subcontractors beneath the top tier of prime vendors it works with every day. DoD is trying to create a comprehensive map of the entire defense industry so it can keep critical suppliers healthy during an expected period of industry consolidation.
A new directive from the military formalizes a pilot program between the DoD and the Defense Industrial Base. DoD and vendors will create an information sharing environment for threats and best practices.
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.