Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: defense budget
A trio of Republican senators sounded the alarm over billions of dollars' worth of "catastrophic" and "draconian" military budget cuts set to take effect in January, telling an audience Monday that more time was needed for negotiations.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Unless it's an emergency, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told Defense Secretary Leon Panetta he would block requests by the Defense Department for reprogramming requests to move money between budget accounts.
Dr. James Carafano, director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discussed his perspective on the 2013 defense budget request.
Steven Grundman, a principal at Grundman Advisory, projects a 30 percent drop in defense spending over the next 10 years, citing historical trends and the current strategic defense situation. Grundman joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his analysis of defense spending.
David Berteau, the senior vice president and director of the CSIS International Security Program, and Ryan Crotty, a CSIS research associated with the group's Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the 2013 budget.
Frank Reeder, a principal at The Reeder Group and former OMB official, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss OMB's role in the ongoing budget process. Also, Robert Shea, a former OMB official with Grant Thornton, discussed the performance-management provisions of the 2013 budget request.
Marine Corps Lt. Gen. George Flynn, director of joint force development, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about what the Joint Operational Access Concept is.