Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: debt limit
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine the hurdles that remain for natural gas vehicles. Plus what does the future hold for housing, jobs and the debt limit in 2013?
January 31, 2013
The House has postponed a vote on a bill to extend the federal pay freeze through the rest of 2013. In its place, the House is set to vote on a measure withholding congressional pay unless lawmakers pass a budget — part of a broader deal to extend the debt limit.
Just about every federal investor knows that the super-safe, never-has-a-bad day Treasury securities G Fund is the place to be when times are tough, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But what happens if Uncle Sam loses the ability to borrow in order to pay off debts? Where should G Fund investors go?
Speaker John Boehner says the GOP-controlled House will "do its job" and pass legislation to lift the nation's borrowing cap and keep the government running, but will insist that Democrats accept new spending controls.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for Global Public Sector at TechAmerica, will discuss how sequestration and other issues will affect contracting and acquisition.
October 8, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Trey Hodgkins , Tech America , 2012 Vision Conference , sequestration , IT manufacturing , continuing resolution , procurement , FITARA , shared risk , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The board that oversees the Thrift Savings Plan is reminding federal employees that their G Fund investments are safe — even if the government reaches the debt ceiling and cannot issue new securities to the G fund.