Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: data-driven analysis
More and better information is getting to be the driving force behind spending and program decisions across the government. OMB is requiring agencies to update strategic plans and objectives based on their analysis of program and back-office data.
Tags: managament , OMB , Dustin Brown , Christopher Braden , CDC , Gary Eilerts , USAID , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Nani Coloretti , Treasury , A New Era in Technology , Jason Miller
Acting Deputy Secretary Rafael Borras said the goal of the new Management Cube is to merge back-office data into one platform. Data analysts will then find trends and discover opportunities to improve mission investments. The Homeland Security Department will launch the initiative in January.
Shelley Metzenbaum's last day was Friday after four years at OMB as the associate director for personnel and performance. She said agencies understand now, more than ever, that setting goals and measuring their performance against them makes a big difference in how they meet their missions.