Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: data centers
Tony Celeste, director of Federal Sales at Brocade, will discuss best practices for designing a data center, and making it flexible enough to meet your agency's needs.
July 23, 2013
The administration made it a goal to close 40 percent of the government's data centers — or 1,200 centers — by the end 2015, with 525 closed by the end of this year.
In September 2010, the White House released its 25-point plan for IT reform, aimed at eliminating flailing programs, shifting to a "cloud first" policy and consolidating data centers.
Latisys CEO Peter Stevenson explains how his company can help your agency or business move to the cloud.
April 3, 2012
Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the service will issue a RFP in the coming weeks. Then the Army will follow with a solicitation for its data center consolidation effort, called APCs. Sorenson says it will launch Apps for the Army in the coming weeks as well.
Unisys received a materials task order to provide support services to the Centers for Disease Control's Information Technology Services Office, according to a Unisys release.
70 percent of data center managers say they are already using or plan to use cloud computing, according to a survey by AFCOM. Of that 70 percent, 36.6 percent of respondents are already using the cloud. Thatâ€™s up from 14.9 percent of managers surveyed in 2010. However, another 28 percent tell AFCOM they have no [...]
The Office of Management and Budget has released a list of 137 data centers it plans to close by the end of the year.
Agencies recycled more than 51,000 pounds of electronics, purchases more than 58,000 hardware that met the green standards and saved the government more than $11 million.
This week, host John Gilroy chats with Lewis Shepherd of Microsoft about challenges in 2010.
Jan. 19, 2010