Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: data center consolidation
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.
Agency strategies to consolidate data centers are due to OMB by Aug. 30. Kundra says his office will approve them by Dec. 31. He advises agencies that this is more than a technology initiative.
CIO's office detailed experts to assess the problems, and formulate a plan to improve how Arlington National Cemetery manages and tracks veterans' records. Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the first thing is to ensure the data is correct. He says the end result could include an online capability to find out where loved ones are buried.
Tags: technology , Jeff Sorenson , John Schrader , Kathryn Condon , Army , Army National Cemeteries Program , Arlington National Cementery , Al Mink , Bobbie Kilberg , SRA , NVTC , INPUT , data management , enterprise e-mail , cloud computing , BRAC , Jason Miller
MeriTalk, the government IT network, today announced the results of the "2010 Federal Data Center Demolition Derby" study, which examines perceptions of the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative guidance, key pain points, and recommendations to meet consolidation goals. NetApp's Mark Weber explains.
The document highlights work being done by NIST, standards working group and budget guidance to agencies. NIST to come out with several special publications to help agencies implement cloud computing. The CIO Council also includes use cases on 30 different cloud implementations.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will sign a memo requiring agencies to do another, more detailed survey of their data centers. Agencies also are working on a department-wide plan to consolidate these buildings.